Ready for some fun! We always are!
Beacons offers mini vocational workshops in July to help individuals aged 16+ with mild and moderate intellectual disabilities explore and develop career readiness skills to support vocational pathways! Individuals who are able to perform activities and lessons with minimal prompting or assistance, and manage their own self-care,* are encouraged to apply! (For additional criteria, please see Registration Form).
Onsite or Virtual?
Beacons will be onsite for summer 2022 (local conditions permitting). For the month of July, there will be two workshops in the am, and 2 in the pm for a total of 4 workshops per week. Each workshop is 2 hours a day, 4 days each week for a total of 8 hours. Schedule of workshops will be posted by May 1, 2022.
Enrollment is on a first-come first-served basis and workshops often have waitlists so please apply early!
3. Communication and Photo Consent form: Link
Monday - Thursday Workshops:*
AM session: 10 am - 12 pm
PM session: 1 - 3 pm
*Workshops the first week of July will start on July 5 (Tuesday) and go through Friday due to July 4 Monday holiday.
Workshop size & ratio:
Max: 10 participants per workshop
Min: 5 participants (workshops with less than 5 may be canceled or rescheduled)
Ratios: 10:3, although most may have smaller ratios depending on the workshop. Please read Application form (see above) to learn more about participants in need of 1:1 support.
Questions? Please contact:
ndividuals in need of assistance with self-care should contact Beacons to discuss whether there is room for the individual to attend with a self-provided personal care attendant. The week of 6/21 Beacons hosts an instructional aide training workshop for individuals who have completed our vocational workshops and have expressed an interest in teaching, (By invitation only with potential for part-time summer employment post workshop).
Costs & Payment Options:
1. SDRC Consumers: SDRC consumers aged 18+ should contact their service coordinators to determine if they are eligible for SDRC funding of the summer workshops. If so, discuss:
• whether an IPP addendum is needed;
• which 4 workshops should be funded; and
• when a "purchase of service" can be completed.
Please notify Beacons once workshops have been approved. Thank you! (All materials for workshops are included).
Beacons Vendor Number:
#PY1700, Code: 102, Subcode: Mini
2. Private Pay? Yes, if not otherwise eligible for SDRC funding. Individuals may pay privately if they are not eligible for SDRC funding because they are still in a school district, or because they want to do more than 4 workshops. Our Board works hard to fundraise throughout the year to help subsidize workshops to keep them at an affordable cost for those not eligible for SDRC funding. Each 8 hour workshop for 2022 will be $120 per workshop (or $15 per hour for supervised fun). If you have any questions, please contact Pathfinder@BeaconsNorthCounty.com.
Private paying individuals will be invoiced once all application materials have been completed and enrollment eligibility confirmed.
Artist Reo Franks shown here with his flyer created in March 2022 as part of the spring Beacons Creative Design 1 workshop. Way to go Reo!
Painting & Crafts
Intro to Graphic Design & Digital Drawing
Earn a food handler license!
Find your path!
Interact with First Responders!